Happy Place

Writing, it’s very intriguing. Just like speaking, when we write we express but writing and speaking are different. Obviously you all know the difference. Expressing is the key point. Expressing is a privilege that only we humans have been able to achieve on an advanced level on this planet. Yes, the other animals can express too but they can’t read or write like we can. Hence, writing is a privilege. When we write, we express, preserve and relive as much as we want. Some believe, writing is a way that can let us live forever even if the body has gone; one can live forever through memories.  
     I once wrote some lines I then thought to write it down to remember even when I wouldn’t be able to visit it. Here they are:

The sun, the empty ground, the dog;
Oh what a perfect day.
The playlist goes on;
The mid-morning charms me and
The sun beautifies my freshly washed hair today……
Oh what a perfect day.

     The ground where I was, is my university’s basketball ground. The players usually practiced at early mornings and for the rest of the day it is open to any student. Students usually just sit by the edge of it and relax as trees bordering it from two sides, throws a perfect shade. I usually went to the ground after class to just sit and read or stare at the trees and mostly I just lay on the ground using my backpack as a pillow with my thermos half full of tea/coffee, accompanied by some other students or the campus canines. It is amazing when you just shut your eyes and listen to the sound of the birds chirping and the sound of the trees as the wind passes through. It feels heavenly.
     Laying there under the sun and the partial shade of the trees, just being all by myself is a whole different kind of feeling to experience, like the one they show in the movies (rom-coms mostly). Even on my worst days or the most anxious of the nights, it’s quite manageable to recall and relive the feel of the place. Well of course I sat there as much as I could but when has it ever felt that you have enough of the things or the person you love. I can never get enough of Bhindi Roti and surely never enough of this either. That’s the thing about happy place, it is where you always want to be.
     Although now that I think of it, the place really speaks to me. As if it has a soul and I could feel it. It’s a beautiful soul, powerful, loving and calm. It really is intriguing that while situated in a noisy, busy as a bee city, it hasn’t lost its charm ever. It oozes of positive vibes.
     It has taught me the importance of taking a break. How it’s always a good idea to stop and relax for a while. Sometimes we are so engrossed in the process that we easily tend to why we started the journey in the first place.
     It has taught me to adapt. The university has been there for a long time, the city around it has changed so much and yes boundaries were put up to separate and mark the area, renovations done but the core, the beauty, the charm, has been there no matter what. It taught me to adapt and not compromise myself or my morals or values.
     And most importantly, it taught me how important it is to be calm and still. Sometimes all you need is a fresh breeze but if you aren’t still or focused, you won’t notice it. The fresh breeze is very important people trust me. Those of you who have spared the time to feel it, know it.
     A lot many times, when you hear someone say however discomforted you feel just go to your happy place is because happy is a very powerful emotion. It will bring you peace. Happy place can be any place you want. Sometimes it can also involve a person or be the person themselves. Like you seeing a person and smiling for no reason because they just make you smile or the very sight of them even if no reason at all.
     Happy places are amazing indeed and in a way tells you that no matter what, the time you once spent there will always be close to your heart and forever.


Thank you.
     

Comments

  1. That was sooo goooπŸ₯°πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trueeeee...... Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to share your HAPPY PLACE and experience serenity together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful... in my imagination you took me to your 'Happy place'... trust me I loved that placeπŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well written RoshniπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘, we all have our Happy Places and reading this brought out some good memories 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can visualise the ground scene enjoying nature and allowing your mind to wander creatively.
    Just like our Dad used to be. Keep it up.
    All I can say " Dada ji ki perfect writer pouti".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful... ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well written Minky.....just loved the simplicity & looking forward to many more in the future......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully written, Roshni..Keep writing many more. God bless. ����

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Written Roshni it's true writing is a privilege πŸ‘Œ
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice thoughtful abstract.Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice thoughtful abstract.keep it up!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Title : We haven't decided yet

Welcome, Let your mind just be.

Things We Really Need to Know. ft. Eat Pray Love